At last there is a new version out. This time v3.0 also adds support for Gamecube games (more info at the changelog). There is also an updated forwarder
and download section
now features links for DML, cIOSX d2x, new easy installer and the latest version of USB Loader GX.Changelog for USBLoaderGX 3.0Released on 2012 05 12 You can find the complete changelog HEREATTENTION:USB Loader GX Version 3.0 introduces a new auto-update mechanism which is not compatible with old versions. (The old host is offline)If you are still using an old version of USB Loader GX, you need to update manually. Download the latest version or use our easy installer for Windows available on our website. You can also check how to install or update manually on our Wiki tutorial.We are sorry for the inconvenience.New:
- Added a new Layout: Channel grid mode! Channel grid displays games as channels and plays banner animations like the real Wii System Menu.
Channel grid mode and banner animation requires AHBPROT flags to load resource files directly from your Wii.
If you use an old HBC you should use our latest forwarder or update the HBC otherwise you wont have that support.
- Added Channel launching from Emulated NAND. (big thanks to TriiForce guys and Miigotu)
- Added GameCube games launching from SD Card through Dios Mios Lite (DML). (thanks to G0dLiKe, crediar, all DML devs and FIX94)
Check DML website
- Added direct install/uninstall of WAD files to the Emulated NAND Channel path in the features settings menu.
- Added a new icon in the toolbar to select the origin of the titles: Wii games, Channels from Wii, Channels from EmuNand, GameCube games.
- Added the possibility to boot USB Loader GX without an HDD connected (It will fall back to "Channel from Wii" title's origin).
- Added an option to choose which Game Window mode to use between the old "Rotating Disc" or the new "Banner Animation".
- Added the favorite level setting to the game settings since it is no longer displayed when using "Banner Animation" game window mode.
- Added an option to adjust the screen size for overscan TVs (Use negative values to shrink the display).
- Added display of game's size from Wii disc games on the game window prompt (Rotating disc mode only).
- Added a button in the search window to switch between "Beginning" and "Content" search methods.
- Added auto-complete function to the search window.
- Added a new GUI numpad for entering numbers.
- Added setting for tooltip delay time.
- Added resize of widescreen screenshots to 768px width.
- Added cover download for the currently inserted disc.
- Added delete of full cover on art work uninstall and game uninstall.
- Added a parental control option to block priiloader override on return to system menu.
- Added a prompt asking for downloading new language files when trying to update and no language files exist yet.
- Added translation parsing for rating descriptors and for genres from wiitdb.xml. Requires a one time update of wiitdb.xml for cache rebuild.
- Added a new option to force reading the game's titles from disc header.
- Added renaming of internal TitleID of all HBC versions to JODI for GameTDB to find it.
- Added a cheat update button to re-download the cheat text file.
- Added a cancel button to several progress bar windows: Game installation, NAND extraction, etc.
- Added separate path and setting for Emulated NAND Saves and Emulated NAND Channels.
- Added per game NAND emulation path setting.
- Added Mii extractor and SYSCONF file extractor to Emulated NAND. It always overwrites old files.
- Added automatic Mii extraction on save game extract if the Mii file does not exist yet on Emulated NAND.
- Added keep of AHBPROT flag on IOS Reload. Homebrews booted now have AHBPROT. (thanks to davebaol)
- Added a new feature to force aspect ratio on games/channels. (thanks to giantpune for help with disassembler)
- Added Zelda Skyward Sword Alternative dol offset (PAL and NTSC-U) for automatic dol selection.
- Added detection of enabled cheat codes from an already created .gct file.
- Added support for 2 USB drives for d2x cIOS (Requires d2x v9+).
- Removed buggy focus system completely and added support to control screen pointer with analog sticks from respective controllers if the wiimote is
not pointing to the screen. Compatible with Nunchuk, Classic Controller and GameCube controller. A speed factor is available in the GUI settings.
- Restructured game's settings for different types of games (Wii/GC/Channels).
- Added auto position of progress window messages in vertical direction depending of how many are used at the same time.
- If "Titles from GameTDB" is not enabled the title will be read from the folder name if possible or from the game disc header.
Title caching can still be used and is recommended in that case.
- Settings title, keyboard text and key color can be changed by themes now.
- Added optional background image for list/carousel/grid layouts (unused by default theme).
- Use of old built-in font for credits window because it doesn't look good with the system menu one.
- Removed the need of a cIOS to launch the loader (if anyone uses it with IOS58 for whatever reason).
- Improved detection of game partition when starting the loader without configs (fresh start).
- Isfs is now initiated once and deinitiated when cleaning up only, instead of the whole init/deinit every single access.
- Updated file system libraries.
- Removed pngu which is not needed, changed screenshot function to use libgd instead
- added init of network into background thread so it is cancelable and has a timeout
- changed wifi gecko to UDP socket
- Converted all ogg sounds from 44.1 khz to 48 khz.
- Optimized use of memory:
Sizes over 30kb go to mem2 now first till it runs out ; Avoid use of mem2 area used on IOS_Reload (first 2 mb) ;
Change font character texture to I4 which uses half as much memory (less cache memory).
- Changed update function to get the files from googlecode website, since old update host website isn't accessible anymore.
New Channel Grid Mode specific features:
- Fixed small scrollbar bug when having only 1 item.
- Fixed reloading of cover image on game list when only 1 item is left after a change (e.g. filtering).
- Improved calculation of progress speed. Now it is always the last 15 secs average instead of overall progress speed.
- Fixed "new" game showing even with a parental control setting.
- Fixed removing of unused cached titles on wiitdb load.
- Fixed ocarina codes when using more than 255 codes (brawl+) (untested).
- Fixed bug where entering "-1" (Use global) for cIOS was not possible in game settings.
- Fixed playback of some BNS banner sounds.
- Fixed reloading into another IOS before launch of game.
- Removed buggy lz77 implementation and use the one known working.
- Fixed launching of dollz compressed dol files. (thanks FIX94)
- Fixed reading game's titles from disc header on fat32/ntfs/ext.
- Fixed crash on missing tag on meta.xml files.
- Forwarder: Fixed crash on drives with physical sector size > 512 bytes.
- Forwarder: Fixed endless waiting for slow HDD. (thanks to FIX94)
- Forwarder: Added missing ext2 unmount. (thanks to FIX94)
- Supports new WiiMotion+ controllers by using latest libraries.
- Lots of string handling improvements (thanks to gerbilsoft for his patch)
New GameCube specific features:
- New settings section for all banner's settings.
- Use of BNR (banner animation) cache setting to load banners and icon's animation faster. (Enabled by default. Takes ~35MB/100 Banners)
Wii games/Channels also accept ID3.bnr for custom-made multi-region banners.
- BNR cache path setting.
- Pulsing "new" icon on banner grid layout for new games.
- Centering and size setting for banner's animation resources.
- Channel's zooming speed setting.
- Page's scrolling speed setting.
- Supports Dios Mios Lite (DML) v1.2+
- Uses of a custom banner for GameCube games which loads the game's internal opening.bnr informations (big thanks to diddy
from the wiithemeteam for creating the brlyt/brlan for the banner).
- DML settings editable from the loader (global and per game settings).
- Supported formats for gamecubes are ISO/GCM and GCRegEx.
- Custom game paths. The following paths are accepted:
- configpath/Title [ID6]/
- configpath/gamepath/ (slow loading speed)
Accepted game's filenames: title.iso, title.gcm, GAMEID6.iso, GAMEID6.gcm
- DML cheats now work the same way as for other Wii games, gct goes to "GCT Cheatcode Path" as GAMEID.gct
- GameCube games copy from USB to SD on demand with choice menu to delete SD games to make space,
If you want to use this feature then set the "Main GC path" to USB and the "SD GameCube path" to SD card.
If duplicated games are detected on SD and USB, the games on SD will be prioritized.
- Added GameCube disc dump functionality with multi-disc menu game selection, compress and align support
(thanks to FIX94 and Overjoy for their disc dump sources on which this is based).
- Use of the BNR cache path to load ID6.bnr or ID3.bnr if available for custom-made banners. (Loading only)
- Video mode option to force interlace mode on GameCube.
- Fixed force prog mode on DML 1.4
There has been a while since the last stable version of USB Loader GX and you probably wonder what is happening. Rest assured that there are new cool "tricks", and one of them is loading Gamecube games.
For that you will need DIOS MIOS Lite (DML), an SD CARD,
and the latest BETA
version of USB Loader GX found here
Note that force 480p wasn't working when this was written with GX + DML 1.4 but only with 1.3
PS: DML may need an SD card for the games but what about DM ?!?
"What can I say, Impossible is nothing and never give up!
looking at DM again I managed to solve the MEM2/ARAM issues
the USB code and some other stuff to make it work without MEM2.
has the same compatibility as the current DML version, of course the
are much faster as you can already see in this video.
No I didn't hack up CC support, I use a GC controller and I will _never_ add CC support either!
DM is like DML from every aspect of features and issues it "just" runs games from USB instead."
I have really forgotten about the forum a long time now. So when I tried to log in today, I noticed that the link wasn't working. The forum is there, but the old link is down. It appears that after the latest update of our host forumer, all the theming I have done and the custom link that I had set where lost. The forum is still there, ugly (or plain), but there. The working link has replaced the old one for now, which you can always find at the side-menu of this site.
But, if I see there is no need for the forum, I will probably take it down because of the ACTA
. I don't have enough time/people for the moderation and if anyone posted anything illegal i would have been hold responsible.
The problems with the blog have been worked out and it was updated with a new design. And what's more is that it happened along with a new release of USB Loader GX
For an unknown reason the link for the forwarder didn't show the latest version, and it was replaced by a direct link of version 4
Also the blog is offline. I was forced to move data... and something went wrong. I'll post when it will be up. Anyone who subscribed before, will probably need to subscribe again after the move (and the update).
Forwarder has been updated. For more info and the download link, check the Forwarders
Your favorite USB Loader for Wii has been updated to v2.2 . This new version supports the new features of the latest d2x cIOS as well as Rodries MOD of the Hermes cIOS v5.1. Also the new version comes with a new forwarder
that supports ext partitions. For more details of what's new read the changelogs. The Downloads
page has been updated with the new versions and with a direct link to Hermes' original v5.1
USB Loader GX Release V2.2
- Added game categories and filter games list by categories (Can be imported
- Wiinertag support.
- Supporting arguments from meta.xml on boot (--ios=xxx and --usbport=x)
(Requires Homebrew Channel 1.0.7+ or
UNEO Forwarder v3.0).
- New ehci modules by Rodries with better drive compatibility.
- Added two new video modes to force progressive video mode, 'FORCE PAL480p' and
- Added Sneek Video Patch mode.
- Added new 'Inherit' setting for game settings named "Use global". If that
option is set then the main loader
setting is used.
- Full d2x cIOS support with it's new features (Block IOS Reload, Return To,
Sector Sizes > 512).
- Support for sector sizes > 512B with FAT32/NTFS (Requires d2x v6+)
- Real support for simultanious use of both USB ports without switching the 2nd
drive temporary off. (Requires
Hermes cIOS or Rodries MOD of the Hermes cIOS (recommended))
- Added two new settings menus
- Added saving of game browser position when returning to USB Loader GX
- Improved several GUI controls/navigations
- Changed settings menu layout and sorted the items to their correct place (HDD
menu, features menu)
- Set games settings to use the global setting by default, set to "use global"
to use the main loader settings.
- Use TinyXML instead of MXML (better XML support)
- Updated to new libs (libogc, libfat, libext2fs, libntfs)
- "Return to" option now work for all games, even problematic games like Prince
of Persia. (Requires d2x v4+)
- Xflip setting fixed.
- Fix the parental lock of Individual game settings (Thanks to NJ7)
- Fix Theme downloader
- Fixed reset of the loader when loading game with IOS reload and disabled
- Fixed timeout timer on startup to count correctly.
- Fixed reversed disc image download when Custom/Original option is selected
- Fixed reload of game list after a game rename
- Fixed horizontal text scrolling
- Fixed booting games by arguments (headless id feature)
- Fixed We Dare game boot (thx oggzee)
New Forwarder V3.0 Changes:
*added support for ext partitions
*added support for arguments from xml
*clean up of source
Rodries MOD of the Hermes cIOS v5.1 Release Notes:
*Added new EHC module.
*Added real support of using both ports simultaneously without shutting down the other.
There is no longer the limitation that the settings have to be on SD card for this. (ONLY HERMES CIOS!)
I haven't posted here the news for some time now. So, a while ago (almost 3 months) version 2.1 came out and after 8 days version 2.1 r1080. Also this past few months, a new cIOS "flavor" appeared named cIOSX rev21d2x
as it is a modification of cIOSX rev21. The latest version out there of this cIOSX is v6 which just came out. For more info about it check the official tread
(link has also been added at the links
All these can now be found at the updated-with-new-files downloads
page ;) Also you can read the changelogs that follow for more info about what is new.Changelog for USBLoaderGX 2.1 R1080:
Released on 2011 03 28
Fixed support for cIOSX rev21d2xv3Changelog for USBLoaderGX 2.1:
Released on 2011 03 20 You can find the complete changelog HERE
- Auto-patch New Super Mario Bros. Wii AP (no Wip file needed).
- Games marked as "New" will also appear in favorite mode.
- AltDol+ feature added. Select AltDol method "Prompt when launching" to see a list of dols when launching the game.
If a wdm file is found in wdm path, it will be used to rename the found dol files to friendly names.
- Automatic AltDol for known problematic games (SSX, Red Steel, Wii Sports Resort, etc.)
- Carousel arrow position is now themable.
- Individual Parental control option for every menus and buttons.
- When deleting a game, you will be prompt for deleting everything related (covers, cheats, etc.).
- New setting for Home menu layout.
- Added support for physical sector sizes other than 512 bytes per sector for wbfs partitions only!
Tested with a 3TB drive with a sector size 4096 on wbfs partition (thanks to Dexter).
- Added download for Full covers. If a Full cover is found, 3D box will appear in the game info page.
- Added additional sort mode "Sort by number of players".
- Added support for Multiple partitions. When active, all games from all partitions of the current USB port will be listed.
The selected partition in the GUI Setting will be used for game installation.
- Added support for Wiimms virtual sector sizes for WBFS to store more than 500 games.
- New Theme menu to manage downloaded themes.
- Added support for using USB port 1 (ONLY ON HERMES CIOS).
- Added support for using both USB ports at once (ONLY ON HERMES CIOS).
Use this option with Multiple partitions option to list all the games from all partitions from both ports at once.
ATTENTION : Set all your user defined paths to SD card or you can corrupt your data.
- Added cache of game titles. This will speed up the startup of the loader. It can be deactivate in the settings.
- Added left/right on game info screen to go to the next/previous game.
- Added a widescreen and font scale factor.
- WiiTDB cover download logic changed. Missing cover's localization won't fall-back to English.
- Libfat now use FS info sector on FAT32 partitions to improve free space reading speed.
You need to run "Synch FAT32 FS info" once in the Loader setting if free space reading is still slow or free size inaccurate.
- Cover download menu now uses checkboxes. Choose Discart download priority in the GUI Settings.
- Changed USB Loader GX WBFS formatter to choose 2048 as virtual sector size if a drive with a size > 500GB is formatted.
- Removed playcount limit (Previously set to 255).
- Changed default setting for video mode back to disc default (Correct black screen on game launch).
- Changed title/channel browser to use WiiTDB for displaying title names if no name is found in WiiTDB the old method is used
Changelog for cIOSX r21d2x
- SD Card icon no longer reset the currently loaded Theme.
- Fixed bug in the homebrew browser and the homebrew launcher when received via network.
- d2x v6: IOS Reload Block: The Ultimate Solution
- DIP - Added fraglist to support potentially any file system (tnx oggzee).
- DIP - Added support in fraglist for sector size greater than 512B (typically needed for HDD > 2TB).
- DIP - Module moved forward in memory and ram section resized.
- ESP - Module moved forward in memory.
- FFSP - Module moved forward in memory.
- EHCI - Fixed an annoying compatibility issue affecting many usb loaders.
- Code clean up and other minor changes.
- d2x v5: IOS Reload Block for WBFS devices
- DIP - Added USB/SD support for games affected by ios reload (WBFS only).
- DIP - Added ioctl command to save module config from the ESP module before ios reload.
- DIP - Added syscall 0x46 (check_di_reset)
- DIP - Fixed dual layer detection for games like Sakura Wars.
- DIP - Fixed GameCube audio streaming command for retail discs.
- DIP - Added fatal error whether the base ios is unknown and can't be patched.
- ESP - DIP config saved before an ios reload request coming from a disc-based game.
- ESP - Added missing patches for base ios 53 and 55.
- ESP - Added fatal error whether the base ios is unknown and can't be patched.
- FFSP - Added fatal error whether the base ios is unknown and can't be patched.
- d2x v4: A mix of fix
- ESP - Added "return to channel" feature compatible with all games out there, included problematic ones like PoP.
- ESP - Fixed error 002 in method 2 for blocking ios reload.
- ESP - Repeated ios reload are now supported by method 2.
- ESP - Added support to reload any ios, not only 249.
- FAT - Removed file logging code since has proved harmful to games like LostWinds and LostWinds WotM.
- FAT - Added support for sector size up to 4KB (typically needed for HDD greater than 2TB).
- Fixed a bug in FAT_GetStats. Now games like Max & the Magic
Marker, FFCC My Life as a King and FFCC My Life as a Darklord are
- FAT - Fixed the error code returned by FAT_Readdir when the requested folder is an existing file.
Now all Strong Bad episodes are working properly.
- FAT - Fixed a bug in FAT_Seek to prevent from increasing the file size when seeking out of the file.
- FAT - Changed timing logic
- FAT - Updated FatFs from 0.8 to 0.8b
- FAT - Fixed a potential buffer overflow while reading a directory
- FAT - Changes due to the fix for huge HDD made in EHCI module
- FFSP - Removed workaround on file renaming since the issue has been fixed by updating FatFs into the FAT module
- FFSP - Fixed the buffer length in FAT_ReadDir to avoid potential problems
- EHCI - Fixed a bug to support HDD greater than 1TB
- Other minor changes.
- d2x v3: Nand emulation improved
- FFSP - Implemented logging system to make debugging easier (enabled in beta releases only).
- FAT - Fixed a bug causing the error message "corrupted data" in The Tower of Druaga.
- FAT - Fixed a bug causing stall in LIT.
- FAT - Enabled multiple partition support in FatFs.
- FFSP - Extended ioctlv commands for mounting the desired USB/SD partition on nand emulation start up.
Default partition is 0 for backward compatibility with rev21.
- FFSP - Fixed a bug on file renaming causing the failure on the 2nd save in games like The Will of Dr.Frankenstein.
- FFSP - Fixed the deletion of folder /tmp on nand emulation start up.
- FFSP - Fixed a bug in nand usage causing save file failure in games like Tetris Party and FFCC My Life as a King.
- FAT & FFSP - Code clean up and other minor changes.
- d2x v2: No more lag on usb port 1
- EHCI - Fixed secondary USB port lag (further information here)
- d2x v1: Goodbye controller lag
- EHCI - Fixed controller lag (furher information here).
- EHCI - Fixed wiimote synch delay on WiiFlow start up.
- EHCI - Fixed os_restart_timer syscall invocation with the correct number of arguments.
Changelog for USBLoaderGX 2.0:
Listing only the important changes since the last stable release r874:
You can find the complete changelog HERE
- Support for all cIOS (up to Hermes 5.1 and Waninkoko r21)
- Support for all IOS slot from 200 to 255.
- Support for WBFS/FAT32/NTFS/Ext2/3/4 with Hermes v5+ and Waninkoko r18+
- Support for multiple WBFS partitions (Hermes v5+ and Waninkoko r18+)
- Support up to 8 partitions to store the boot.dol and datas (config, images, themes, etc.)
- Support drives >1Tb
- Support for Primary/Logical partitions and GUID Partitions Table (GPT).
- Added configuration file version checking. It will reset the old one automatically if important changes occured.
- Added URL to hosting websites (www.spiffy360.com for theme and www.techjawa.com for update files).
- Added screenshot feature while in the loader (Press Z+c).
- Support more sound formats: AIF/MP3/OGG/BNS/WAV now with no file size limit (streaming).
- Support for the new Homebrew Channel (1.0.7+) when exiting the loader.
- Support for the <no_ios_reload/> tag in the meta.xml for AHBPROT enabled with HBC 1.0.7+
- New homebrew launching engine
- New Theme format (Now uses the same format than the language files).
- Per game lock feature for better parental control.
- Choose the sub-directory naming convention when installing a game (Ignored on WBFS partition).
- Select the split size when installing a game: 2GB or 4GB or none.
- BCA files support.
- WIP patch files support.
- Automatic patch for "Prince of Persia: The forgotten sands" (no Wip file needed). (Disable "Return to" option in Prince of Persia preferences)
- Added Wii message board update (Playlog) when exiting a game to the Wii menu.
- Brawl+ support.
- Return to a channel when exiting a game.
- Removed 1:1 install mode, use install all partition instead or use a real dumper if you want a clean dump.
- Changed the default folders layout, now the themes and images folders are sub-folders of the loader (apps/usbloader_gx/themes, etc.)
- Changed the way the Parental control is working and don't read the one from the wii setting anymore. The password is crypted in the config file.
- Now uses the full Wiitdb.xml instead of the user generated file.
I know you don't believe your eyes but USB Loader GX v2 is out! A new channel is also out to accompany the new release. You can select to download the All in One Package, only the dol, the channel, whatever you want to do. The Forwarders page and the Downloads page have been updated with the new files.
Also cIOSX rev21 have been out for a while, but there was no official support back then. Expect a new post later today, or tomorrow with the new features for cIOSX and USB Loader GX. For now I'll give you only one thing.
USB Loader GX 2.0 supports ext3 partitions!!!!